Good afternoon every one. how about your day? I hope it goes well. ok, I feel so glad to fill my content here. in this occassion I would like to share about the clause. lets check it out!
The clause
Kinds of clause
An independent clause
Definition: An independent clause is a group of words that
has a subject and verb. It is used as a part of sentence but is grammatically
independent and it could therefore stand alone.
Example: Because you come late more than 20 minutes, you
are not allowed to fill
the present list
Kind of dependent clause
1. Adverb
clauses
A dependent adverb clause begins
with an adverbial subordinator such as when, while, because, although, if,
so that, etc.
Example:
Although Ahmad was sick,
he went to class.
Ahmad went to class although
he was sick.
Notice: if an adverb clause comes
before the independent clause, it is followed by a comma (sentence 1).
If it comes after the independent
clause, no comma is used.
2.
Adjective clauses
A dependent adjective (relative)
clauses begins with a relative pronoun such as who, whom, which, whose, or
that, or with a relative verb such as when or where.
Example: Men who are not married are called bachelors.
3. Noun clause
A dependent noun clause function
as a noun. A dependent noun clause can be either a subject, or an object. No
comma are necessary.
There are three type of noun
clauses:
- those-clauses are made from
statements and are introduced by the subordinator that.
Example:
The bulletin states that
science courses require a laboratory period.
Scientists believe that
they can discover the medicine for HIV
- Wh-word
clauses
Example:
I don’t know what to wear this morning.
- if/
whether clauses
Example: I don’t know whether I should come or no.
I think these all about the clause. correct me if i wrong. I hope it useful. have a great saturday, sweeties~
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar