Jumat, 14 Desember 2018

Compound Sentence


Good morning guys, its glad to post something again, here. in this chance I would like to share about what is compound sentence. check this out people!

Compound sentence
It contains two or more independent clauses and no subordinate clauses.
Independent Clause maybe joined by a comma and a coordinating conjunction, by correlative conjunctions, by a semicolon (;), by conjunctive adverb or by transitional expression.
·         Coordinative conjunction
These conjunction join equal sentence parts.
These are seven coordinate conjunctions:
-          For (Reason)
-          And (Argumentation)
-          Nor (Contrast)
-          But (Contrast)
-          Or (Contrast)
-          Yet (Contrast)
-          So (Reason)

·         Correlative conjunction
These conjunction, as seen in the case of compound subjects and predicates, are used in pairs.
-          Either … or …
-          Neither … nor …
-          Both … and …
-          Not only … but also …

·       Conjunctive Adverbs
These adverbs, like coordinate and correlative conjunction, are used to connect basic sentence patterns and make compound sentences.

-Also
-Incidentally
-Next
-Anyway
-Indeed
-Noneless
-Besides
-Instead
-Otherwise
-Consequently
-Likewise
-Still
- Finally
-Meanwhile
-Then
-Futhermore
-Moreover
-Therefore
-However
-Nevertheless
-Thus


·            Transitional Expressions
These expression are usually prepositional phrase used as adverbs.
-          After all
-          As a result
-          At any rat
-          By the way
-          For example
-          For instance
-          Even so
-          In fact
-          In other words
-          On the contrary
-          On the other hand
-          In addition

Example:
1)      He was deeply hurt by her remarks, but he said nothing to her.
2)      Both Reza and Yogi are in love with my sister.
3)      We should turn our assignment before 12 o’clock; otherwise, the professor will not accepted them.
4)      Not Indonesian muslims go back to their hometown for Iedul Adha; for instance, students who study and live abroad stay in their respective country presidence.
5)      The Riam Kanan is on the Riam Kanan River in Mandiangin, South Kalimantan; it is the biggest in South Kalimantan
Compound complex sentence
It is the most complicated sentences.  contains two or more independent clauses (coordinate) and at least one dependent clause (subordinate).
  1. Example: Kate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.
  2. My brother doesn’t like K-drama because it is boring, so he ignore it.
  3. Usually I take a walk everyday while the sun sets, but it was raining today.
  4. I can start a conversation that makes people interested, but it’s hard to keep it going because I often run out of things to say.

 I think that all about compound sentence. I hope it can be useful, correct me if I wrong. thank you. have a good day~

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar